Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Return Text from a row of 20+ columns

Assuming you made a typo and intended your range to be A1:AD1 (30 cells),
try this:

=INDEX(A1:AD1,MATCH("*",A1:AD1,0))
--
HTH,

RD

"PGiessler" wrote in message
Hi guys,

I have a table of about 30 columns. In each row, only one cell of the 30
has
text in it. What I would like to do is add a column (say AE) and have a
formula that looks through column AA1:AD1, finds the cell with text and
returns it in AE1.

I thought it might be something simple, but I have gottne myself turned
around and before I craft some frankenstein spreadsheet, I thought I would
ask for help.

Thanks,