Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Return Text from a row of 20+ columns

Using your example range (which is no where near 30 columns wide), you can
use this array-entered formula AE1...

=IF(COUNTA(AA1:AD1)=0,"",INDEX(AA1:AD1,1,MATCH(1,--(AA1:AD1<""),)))

**Commit formula using Ctrl+Shift+Enter and not just Enter by itself

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"PGiessler" wrote in message
Hi guys,

I have a table of about 30 columns. In each row, only one cell of the 30
has
text in it. What I would like to do is add a column (say AE) and have a
formula that looks through column AA1:AD1, finds the cell with text and
returns it in AE1.

I thought it might be something simple, but I have gottne myself turned
around and before I craft some frankenstein spreadsheet, I thought I would
ask for help.

Thanks,