Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme[_3_] Bernard Liengme[_3_] is offline

Default Text box link doesn't update

To add a text box to a chart, it is best to begin by activating the chart
(by clicking on it).
In this way the text box is aid to be grouped to the chart
Then you can put the link in the box
Try this and tell us what happens
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"brumanchu" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a dynamic chart on it's own tab with a scroll bar to select the
number of weeks in view at any given time. I added a text box that
references the cell link for the scroll bar to display the value of the
scroll bar (corresponds to the week number). The link works great as long
as
I'm in the file. When I close it and re-open, the text box no longer
updates
and the formula is not present in the bar.

Can anyone advise what may be happening?

Thanks in advance for your help.
-Bruce