Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MCC MCC is offline

Default ARRAY with countif

I have a data set which has yyyy-mm, region, and then data entered in one of
5 columns. If yyyy-mm = a set month and region = a specific region, then I
want to count all the times the number two appears in the next set of
columns.

Here's the formula I have:
{=IF( AND(Mapped!M2:M12="USC", Mapped!B2:B12="2008-10"),
COUNTIF(Mapped!AC2:AG12,2),"no")}

Here's an example of the data:
YYYY-MM Region class1 class2 class 3 class 4 class 5
2008-10 USC 6 2 7 0
2008-10 USC 5 1
2008-10 USC 3 2 7 0 0
2008-10 LAR 4 2 6 9
2008-10 LAR 9 2 7 9 0
2008-10 USC 1 2 5 6
2008-10 USC 4 2 7 0 0

The formula works fine down 3 rows. The minute the region chnages to LAR,
the formula returns "no" or false. How can I get a formula to count all
values of 2 in any of columns 3-7 for which date=2008-10 and region=USC ?