Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default creating new microsoft office excel spreadsheet

Possible solution:
How did you setup your default fonts? If you originally opened a blank file,
changed the settings, and closed XL, you might have only setup your default
fonts within your Personal/Startup file, which normally opens in the
background when your open workbooks.

Check under Tools-Options-General, and make sure you have Arial/12 as your
default font.

Again, I'm not sure if this will work, but its the only thing that
immeidately came to mind.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Paul" wrote:

When I am browsing my client folders, sometimes I like to create new excel
spreadsheets while I am in the folder view. So I right click, New, Microsoft
office excel spreadsheet.....

the file pops up and I change the name, then I open the new blank
spreadsheet and start working.

I like my default settings to be Arial 12... when I create new documents by
clicking the excel icon and running excel, it creates them in arial 12, my
default settings.... However, when I right click, create new file in the
folders... I get the standard calibri 11 when I open it, and I want these new
created files to have the default arial 12 not calibri 11.

Thanks