Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trevor Greene Trevor Greene is offline

Default Pivot Chart question

On Jul 20, 2:25*pm, Luke M wrote:
Assuming your data has headers of Date, Company Name, and P/L:

Select your data, go to Data, PivotTable. Select a PivotChart, then hit
'Finish'.

Place Date into the Category Field area. Place Company Name into the series
field area. Place P/L into the Data Items area.

Finally, right-click on chart, change type to line. You can now use the
series filter to choose which companies you want to look at.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Trevor Greene" wrote:
Hello,

I have some data based on companies.

The data is the following.... *Each day, (using date), I have a new
Profit/Loss number based on a stock.

I have a list of companies about 100 long, and so far 6 dates worth of
P&L's. *I am trying to set up a pivot chart to automatically create
line graphs for each company which I will filter, to see the trend in
P&L's. *The problem is I am unable to draw the lines so the X
variables are displayed as dates, the Y as the Value of P&L, and have
it individually make a simple line graph for each company.

Any suggestions? *I really don't want to have to write a line graph
each time for each company 100+ times, A filter would be 1000x
easier.

Thanks!

I wouldn't exactly Say I have headers--

I have a header for symbol. To lay it out, it looks like this...

Symbol 7/9/2009 7/10/2009
AAA 25 15
BBB 50 22
CCC 30 13

So i have a header for Symbol, But my date is technically my header
for P&L.