Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Casy Casy is offline

Default Different trend types

Hi,

I've been trying to use Solver to fit my data, which is possibly a sigmoidal
curve but I wasn't sure where to start with.

I am currently using Excel 2007. I managed to enable the Solver add-in but
it doesn't show up in the Add-in toolbar. Will there by any chance that I
could create curve fitting apart from using Solver? Or any other method to
get Solver.

Many thanks,
Casy

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

You can use Solver to fit such data. Send me private email if interested;
attach file with data and tell me the equation to use.
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Dan Burgess" <Dan wrote in message
I am using excel to curve fit to data in an X-Y Scatter plot. Does anyone
know of add-ins/extensions that allow plotting of trendlines for other
types
of curves eg. Sigmoid or sinusoidal curves?