Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
npop03 npop03 is offline

Default Sum sheets based on criteria

Correct, and that's what I am doing for the total of all sheets, but I am
wondering if there's a way to type "sheet 1" in a cell, "sheet 7" in another
cell and then have your formula below change accordingly.

I am making this for non-experienced Excel users and I'd like to make it so
they don't have to change the formula each time (otherwise your solution is
what I would do)

Let me know if this helps clarify things and if it's even possible, thanks!

"Don Guillett" wrote:

If?? you have a total in each sheet in the SAME cell then
=sum(sheet1:sheet7!a3)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"npop03" wrote in message
Hello, I have a workbook containing 30+ worksheets. For simplicity, let's
say
I have 30 sheets with data and a sheet with formulas that displays totals.
The setup and columns are all the same for the 30 sheets. The names of the
sheets start at 1 and go to 30.

In the total sheet, I would like to be able to type in a range, say 1 to
7,
and have the totals from only those sheets calculated. The totals will be
the
sum of the whole column. So, it would be the sum total of column E for
sheets
1 through 7.

I am thinking about entering the range and then clicking a command button
that would do the work. Any ideas?