Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Extract data from worksheet to worksheet

This simple formulas play will deliver the goods

Assume your source data as described is in sheet: 1,
with data from row2 down

In the other sheet,
In A2: =IF('1'!A2=27,ROW(),"")
Leave A1 empty. This is your criteria col

In B2:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT(A:A),"",INDEX('1'!K:K,SMALL(A :A,ROWS($1:1))))
Copy A2:B2 down to cover the max expected extent of source data.
Minimize/hide col A. Col B will return the required results, all neatly
packed at the top.
--
Max
Singapore
"Yoli" wrote:
I am trying to extract data & text from one worksheet to place in a report on
another worksheet. I need if column a has a 27 in it, then I need to pick up
the text in column K. Here's what I tried ="1"!sumif(a:a,27,k:k) Obviously,
doesn't work.

Also, there may be several 27's in column a, so I would need to pick up all
the text in each related column K. Is this possible?

Please don't refer me to a web site. I'm new at this and am having a hard
time decifering formulas. I need someone to state the formula for me.
Thanks...