Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Can IF and VLOOKUP functions be inserted together?

Let's assume:

A1 = Bill Waived
A2 = Gal Used

=IF(OR(A1="yes",A2<25000),0,VLOOKUP(B2,Rates,2,0)* G2/1000)

Note that if A2 is an empty cell it will evaluate to be <25000.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chris Cullen" wrote in message
I am finishing an online tutorial section. I need to write a function to
determine a water bill. I was able to write a VLOOKUP function (using a
provided table in the workbook) for three water rate types but I need to
insert a function for inserting $0 as the water bill if a) their bill is
waived (determined by a yes or no answer in a column) or b) their water
usage
is <25,000 gallons (determined by the Gallons Used Column info).

When I try to mix the formulas the results are wrong so I know I am making
big and dumb error. This is my last attempted formula:

=IF([Bill Waived]="yes",0,IF[Gal
Used]<25000,VLOOKUPVLOOKUP(B2,Rates,2,FALSE)*G2/1000

Thanks for any help.