Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Structured reference does not return correct value

Why you need a formula? Just click the drop down button and select MAX
function in the Total row

"vsoler" wrote:

On 19 jul, 16:01, "Otto Moehrbach"
wrote:
Does the range MyTable include the "10" in the total line? HTH Otto"vsoler" wrote in message

I have a small table of data, named MyTable:

A A2
1 3
5 7
Totals 10

When I input the formula =Max(MyTable[#Data]) then I get 10 whereas I
should get 7

I don't think I am wrong!!!

What do you think?

According to the help files, the last line of Totals is not part of
the #Data; if I wanted to include Totals I should use #All instead.

What I did is I created my table as:

A A2
1 3
5 7

Then I went to the menu and added the Totals row; this row is
absolutely not part of #data.