Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
R P Wilson[_2_] R P Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Figuring total # of hours between multiple times

The time ranges DO span past midnight.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Provided that none of the time ranges span past midnight. For example:

5:00 PM - 1:00 AM

=(SUM(O3,M3,K3)-SUM(N3,L3,J3))*24

Format as General or Number

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"R P Wilson" <R P wrote in message
I am creating a work schedule template that will total the number of hours
an
individual is scheduled to work for the week. The template will reflect
the
work schedule for two weeks for a number of individuals. I have entered a
formula that will calculate the total if the cell contents are all time
values. My problem is that any given day can have "OFF", "VAC" or "HOL"
in
one of the cells. This returns a "#VALUE!" error. Is there any way to
imbed
an additional formula to ignore any cells with text or even with the
specific
values listed above. Here is a copy of the information I am working with:
15-Jul 16-Jul 17-Jul Hours
06:00 16:00 07:00 16:00 OFF #VALUE!

The formula enter is: =((K3-J3)*24)+((M3-L3)*24)+((O3-N3)*24)