Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default How do I automatically select a Excel record randomly?

Assuming student names in column A, Score in column B, header in row 1

In C2: =INDEX(A2:A9,MATCH(RANDBETWEEN(85,100)/100,B2:B9))

Adjust range to suit

"Italian1" wrote:

Hello,
I have an Excel file / database of students who have taken an examination. I
would like to automatically and randomly select one student from those with
an examination score of 85% or higher. I don't know how to write the formula
for this. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.