Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default ready to paste

Try the below

Sub cilp()
Dim DataObj As New MSForms.DataObject
Dim S1 As String
Dim S2 As String
S1 = "DITCS Not Found"
S2 = "LPSCS Not Found"
DataObj.SetText S1 & vbTab & S2
DataObj.PutInClipboard
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Narendra Boga" wrote:

Dear Jacob,
I wrote below code, but it retrieves only S2. And, there should be tab
between €śDITCS€ť and €śNOT FOUND€ť.

Sub cilp()
Dim DataObj As New MSForms.DataObject
Dim S1 As String
Dim S2 As String
S1 = "DITCS Not Found"
S2 = "LPSCS Not Found"
DataObj.SetText S1
DataObj.PutInClipboard
DataObj.SetText S2
DataObj.PutInClipboard
End Sub

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

You will need to use the Windows Clipboard object..

Refer
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Clipboard.aspx
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Narendra Boga" wrote:

Thank You Jacob Skaria,
But I need the text should paste in notepad. My job is to process text
files regularly and wherever needed in text file, the different sets of text
codes should paste. I got idea to make it easy to set shortcut to copy and
paste trough excel. I have 20 sets of codes. If I press one certain
shortcut key in excel, the related code should ready to paste in notepad. If
I press Ctrl+V, the code should paste. I think you understand the situation.

Thanks
Narendar

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

If you are looking at a macro; the below should do. If you are new to macros
set the Security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). From workbook
launch VBE using short-key Alt+F11. From menu 'Insert' a module and paste the
below code. Save. Get back to Workbook. Run macro from Tools|Macro|Run
<selected macro() You can also assign a hot key for this macro...and access
it from any worksheet..

Sub Macro()
Dim strData As String, arrData As Variant
strData = "DITCS,LPSCS,LPSRS,LPSNRS"
arrData = Split(strData, ",")
ActiveCell.Resize(4, 2) = "Not found"
ActiveCell.Resize(4) = WorksheetFunction.Transpose(arrData)
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Narendra Boga" wrote:

Hi all,
I just need a macro which is stored in clipboard and ready to paste in any
other application. Example: I have a predefined string set as below:

DITCS Not Found
LPSCS Not Found
LPSRS Not Found
LPSNRS Not Found

If I press any shortcut, the above 4 line should ready to paste at any other
location.

Please help me...