Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date format troubles

A shorter method with less function calls...

=--TEXT(A2,"0000-00-00")

You can format the cell in the date format you want.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"jjackson97" wrote in message
Very close. I left off that some of the data was not with leading 0's for
the date an month. So there was stuff like 19951112, which got messy with
your formula. However you got me in the right direction to tweak it to:
=DATE(VALUE(LEFT(A2,4)),VALUE(MID(A2,5,2)),VALUE(R IGHT(A2,2)))

For that I am grateful! THANKS!

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi
in one column enter the formula as follow
=DATE(VALUE(LEFT(A1,4)),VALUE(MID(A1,1,1)),VALUE(R IGHT(A1,1)))

"jjackson97" wrote:

I have an Excel worksheet that has dates entered as General format like
the
following: 19970103

I am trying to convert these to dates (MM/DD/YYYY), but everything I
try
does not work.

Any help is greatly appreciated!