Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
smartin smartin is offline

Default Lookup in External Worksheet

Ah yes, this does not work if you open the workbooks in separate
instances of Excel. You have to open both workbooks in the same
instance. I forgot about that caveat.

Lady Success wrote:
Thank you for the information.... However, it doesn't appear that I can
point and click over to my external worksheet. I thought initially that when
I was trying to do it that it was because I was accessing through the wizard.
But when I just tried it on a blank worksheet, it didn't allow me to do it.
It's like each worksheet is working independently of each other. Am I doing
something wrong - or is it a setting somewhere in Excel? I could have sworn
that I've been able to access cells from other workbooks in the past.