Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Sharpe Bill Sharpe is offline

Default Can I use "Harvey Balls" within excel?

Luke M wrote:
Harvey Balls are a type of ideogram.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Balls

of post to convery your question, and not the subject line. There are some
fonts you can download that display Harvey Balls, but it is not included by
default in XL. You are limited to the blank/full circles. Note that a better
way of expressing the same idea might be to create pie charts, however.

Thanks for the Wikipedia link. I now recognize the items, which I've
seen in Consumer Reports ratings but didn't know they had a specific
name. I almost had to look up "ideogram" too.

The OP might also want to look at sparklines he
http://www.ozgrid.com/excel-add-ins/spark-maker.htm

Bill