Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Woody Woody is offline

Default How format number as text

I am using Excel 2007.

I have several rows in a database and a certain column called XXX.

The values in the column are all nubers. However I want them to be thought
of as text, not numbers. I have put an apostropy in front of the the value
of column XXX in the first row of the workbook, however, I do not want to
have to do this manually for each row. There are many rows. I thought I
could use the format painter to change the format for all the other rows but
if so, I haven't found the combination.

Is there an easy way to change all numbers for a column so that Excel thinks
of the numbers as text?