Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
gls858 gls858 is offline

Default Excel 2003 - deleting trailing empty rows

ICTag wrote:
Whenever a colleague updates a spreadsheet I've created it comes back
10MBytes large whereas it was originally only 50KBytes. It looks to me as if
the colleague accidentally adds tens or hundreds of thousands of empty rows.

How can I delete all rows below a certain row. Delete does not work. Copying
the real rows into a new worksheet loses the formatting. When I apply the
formatting from the big spreadsheet (paste formatting) I end up with hundreds
of thousands of rows again :-(

Any suggestions?
Tom

What is your colleague doing to update the sheet? I would suggest going
through his update process step by step (saving and checking size at
each step) to see where the extra rows are being created. If you can't
figure it out then post the process here and maybe someone can spot the
error.

gls858