Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EricG EricG is offline

Default How do I convert a zip file to jpg(?) file?

A lot of email servers filter out ".zip" files. You could try this trick:

Save the ".zip" file to your desktop. Change the file extension of the file
from ".zip" to ".txt". Send the file to your friend. Tell your friend to
save the file, then change the extension from ".txt" to ".zip" and try to
open the file.

HTH,

Eric

"I.D. Davis" wrote:

I received a file in zip format. I tried to forward the attachment to
another email address. I was informed that the file could not be opened. I
was able to open two zip files - I do not know why the recipient could not
open the file. I was advised to convert the file into a jpg or some other
file and then forward. But I am not given the option to convert the file. I
am only given the choice of zip file or all files. Please advise as how to
convert this file. Thanks...