Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John[_22_] John[_22_] is offline

Default Coping a Coloured cell

HI
Sorry, there's no function to copy "Formats", you'll need a macro or possibly a
UDF, but that's beyond my capability.
Regards
John
"The Message" wrote in message
Thanks John, but I want this to happen automatically -

eg in worksheet 1, cell B2 is red

I want to type into worksheet 2,

=((cell b2) worksheet 1) and the cell to turn red

Can you help?

"John" wrote:

Hi
Copy Paste Special Select Format
HTH
John
"The Message" wrote in message
I expect there is any easy answer to this but I am basically wanting to copy
the details of one worksheet into another. Using the basic '= Sheet 1!
etc.'
works fine for text, numbers and formulas, but does not seem to work for
simply copying a coloured cell from one sheet to another. The cell has no
formula, number or text. It is simply coloured. All efforts so far have not
worked and all I get is a blank cell (not the coloured one I am looking
for).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.