Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
KBratt KBratt is offline

Default How to hide a chart title, but keep the title in the chart

Using Excel 2003, I am creating charts and linking them to a word document.
I'd like to give each chart a title in Excel, then in Word, bring down the
top border to "cover" or exclude the title so it doesn't show in the Word
document. That way, later I can reopen the top border to remember the title
I gave it and where it came from in my Excel spreadsheet.

Right now each time I try to mouse-drag the top border, the chart size and
shape change, but all the info remains and just gets squished down. I want
the chart to remain "stable" so I can cover over the title.

I know I could do this at one time. Who knows what I need to do?