Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
wayne wayne is offline

Default Rename Worksheets From German to English Sheet1

On 07/15/2009 04:56 PM, Dave Peterson wrote:
Each sheet in a workbook has the name property that you see on the tab and a
codename property that you can use in VBA macros. The codename is much more
difficult for the average user to change, but not impossible to be changed.

If you're in the VBE looking at the project explorer, you'll see the codename
followed by the name (in parens).

Like:
Sheet1 (NameYouSeeInExcel)

You maybe able to make sure your code refers to this codename property instead
of the name property.

Instead of:
With thisworkbook.worksheets("NameYouSeeInExcel")
use
With Sheet1

You can change the .codename property (Show the project explorer, select the
sheet object, hit F4 to show the properties, and then type over the (Name) (with
the ()'s) property.

==========
So....

If the codenames are that tablle#stuff, maybe just renaming the codename will
work for you.

If those tablle# are variables that the developer created, you'll have to change
the code (Edit|replace in all the current project (and step through the
changes--that string could be used for lots of things???).

wayne wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with VBA code that does not work reliably. Upon
close examination, I find the worksheets are identified as tablle1,
tablle2, etc while the VBA is written in English. Is there a way to
rename the worksheets at the program level? Note: I am referring to the
name you see in the vba editor in front of the name you type into the
worksheet when changing the name.

TIA
--
Wayne
glenmeadows.us

Thank you David. The code I am trying to use is stuff lik:
Sub Filter_notfinished()
'
' Filter_notfinished Makro
' Makro am 24.05.2006 von Kerstin Kämper aufgezeichnet
'
With ActiveSheet
.AutoFilterMode = False
.Range("A7:Z7").AutoFilter Field:=10, Criteria1:=""
.Range("J8").Select
End With

End Sub

OR

Sub Filter_notfinished()
'
' Filter_notfinished Makro
' Makro am 24.05.2006 von Kerstin Kämper aufgezeichnet

AutoFilterMode = False
Range("A7:Z7").AutoFilter Field:=10, Criteria1:=""
Range("J8").Select

End Sub

Both of the above work when the worksheet codename is sheet(1), but
neither work when the code sheetname is tablle(1). One fails with
errors in the vba, the other simply doesn't do anything.

I fixed one sheet by creating a new worksheet and copying the contents
of the first into it, but I have several workbooks with the same code
and multiple sheets and was hoping there was a better way.

It seems a bit strange to me that the VBA is in English and seems to
work on the German computers, but English computers have a problem!

Thanks again for your help.