Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
serendipity258 serendipity258 is offline

Default remove square at end of data

I think you should be able to do a pretty simple find and replace. Copy the
symbol, go to the "replace" (ctrl+h in windows), paste that symbol in the
"Find What" box, and leave the "Replace With" box empty. Hit "Replace All"
and it should replace all intances of that symbol with nothing.

Jeff W wrote:

I was opening a text file with the excel app. It is a list of serial
numbers. When I open it, there is a small square figure at the end of some
of the serial numbers. What is it and how do I remove it without going to
each of 20,000 lines?
--
Jeff W