Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sander Sander is offline

Default Syntax error in nested IF statement.

Entering "=F22=0" returns "TRUE", except when F22 actually has something else
in it, in which case it returns "FALSE".

Any help you can provide resolving this mystery would be greatly appreciated.

"Andrew Taylor" wrote:

It seems most likely that the value is some very small
non-zero number (though your assurance that it's
formatted as General makes that harder to believe).

To avoid the complications of the nested IFs, try entering
=F22=0 in a spare cell, and see if you get TRUE. If not,
try multiplying the value by large numbers to see what
you get - e.g, =F22*1000000

(I assume the value in I23 isn't zero, BTW...)

Andrew

On 15 July, 19:04, Sander wrote:
(Answered once, an hour ago; don't know why it has not appeared. once
again...)

It is really zero, remains zero as decimal places are expanded, defined as
"0" by another IF statement, and formatted as General. Thanks again for your
continued help.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:
Check whether it is really zero; or displayed as zero

=IF(J22<0,1000,IF(INT(J22)=0,I23,0))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Sander" wrote:

For I22: =IF(J22<0,1000,IF(J220,0,I23)).

This works when J22 or < 0, but not when J22=0, when it should take I23.

Why is that? Thank you.