Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dk dk is offline

Default Need help with formatting / saving before I email my worksheet

If you really feel it's neccesary;
Select the first column to the right of your work area then
press and hold Shift & Ctrl and press the right arrow key -
With these columns selected right click in the column header area and select
"Hide".
You can hide the rows below your last used row in the same manner.

I suspect replys are few because to most Excel users this would simply be a
waste of time.
Try to think of the unused rows and columns in a worksheet as we might the
unused air in the office;
We may not use it all but we don't wish it gone and we don't really think of
it as a distraction. It just is.
JMO

Cheers
DK

"ExcelUser" wrote in message
Any other ideas on how to handle this issue?

"ExcelUser" wrote:

I have created an Excel document that I want my coworkers to use as a
template that they will need to fill in every week. I want to email this
document (Excel 2003) which only consists of one worksheet to my
co-workers
but I would like for it to look clean and neat when they open it, without
all
the extra rows and columns showing up on the screen. I only want the
rows
and columns that are part of this document to show up when they open the
file. In other words, I want it to look neat and clean, just like it
looks
when I see it in "print preview" mode.

I thought about saving / sending it as a pdf document but then they
wouldn't
be able to use it as an Excel template for the project that we are
working
on. (They don't have pdf to Excel converters.) They will only be able
use Excel 2003 to open the document.

How do format it before I send it and/or what do I "save as" before I
send
it so that it looks neat and clean as I've described above?