Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Cell searching and delete function

You will need to use a macro. Open the VBE (Alt+F11), Insert - Module. Paste
this in:

Sub FindAndDestory()
For Each cell In Range("C1:C250")
If cell.Value = Range("G2") Then
cell.ClearContents
End If
Next cell
End Sub

'You can then play this macro from XL, Under Tools-Macros-Maco
'Note that when you run this, it will apply to the sheet currently visible.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Dan C." wrote:

What I need to figure out how to do is search through a certain group of
cells like--C1:C250, and if it matches with G2, I would like whatever "C"
cell that matches with the "G" cell deleted. I hope this makes sense. I have
no idea how to make this happen or if it is possible

Searches C1:C250 and finds match for cell G2 then deletes the "C" cell.

Any help would be wonderful.