Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Simon Lloyd[_302_] Simon Lloyd[_302_] is offline

Default 'Enter' key is pasting...

I can see nothing wrong with that code, can you post the offending
workbook?

Providing a workbook will not only get you your answer quicker but will
better illustrate your problem, usually when we can see your data (-it
can be dummy data but must be of the same type-) and your structure it
is far easier for us to give you a tailored, workable answer to your
query :)

Attachments.

To upload a workbook, click reply then add your few words, scroll down
past the submit button and you will see the Manage Attachments button,
this is where you get to add files for upload, if you have any trouble
please use this link or the one at the bottom of the
any page.

Trixie;417419 Wrote:
Hi Simon,

I ran the code you posted in the This Workbook module but am still
having the issue occur.

I should note that this is only occurring on one of the worksheets
within the workbook. I have two other worksheets where I basically do
the same thing, jsut structured differently, but those seem to work just
fine. It's just the one that had validation in the last column.

Here is the code that is behind my SetValues button~remember, newbie,
be kind :Blink:

Private Sub SetValues141N_Click()
Response = MsgBox("Setting values removes automation, are you sure you
want to set values now?", 36)
If Response = vbNo Then
Exit Sub
End If

Cells.Select
With Selection.Validation
.Add Type:=xlValidateInputOnly, AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop, Operator
_
:=xlBetween
.IgnoreBlank = True
.InCellDropdown = True
.ShowInput = True
.ShowError = True
End With

Cells.Select
Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Range("G2").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.ClearContents

Cells.Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "@"

MsgBox "Values have been set", 64

End Sub

I really hate to lose all of the 'smarts' in the workbook...this is
about 3295 cells worth of data that would have to be manually
entered~both in the workbook, and the additional application.

I appreciate all that you guys do for us here!

Thanks~

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,