Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Rounding Negative Numbers to Zero

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:55:01 -0700, Robbie
wrote:

That worked. Only problem I have now is that the negative number still
displays in A1 even though it is rounded to zero for purposes of calculation
in other cells that refer to it. I can't change the formatting because
sometimes the number won't be negative and we'll need to keep the formatting
in that case. It's not the end of the world, but would be nice to have it
fixed!

Thanks again for your help!

You could use a custom format to display all kinds of things in place of the
negative number.

For example:

General;[Red]"negative value rounded to zero";General

--ron