Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default How can I use circular references that are allowed in Lotus 123?

Put your formula in another column. Or, if you *insist* on using circular
reference, under Tools-Options - calculation, set calculation to manual with
an iteration of 1. You could now use a circular reference, and press F9 to
cycle through 1 calculation.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"DAVIDDON" wrote:

I try to write a formula that has a variable value in column F which is
compared to column H. Column H should always contain highest value of the
two columns: If(F3H3, F3,H3). This works in Lotus 123 but not Excel 2003.
Help!