Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ExcelUser ExcelUser is offline

Default Need help with formatting / saving before I email my worksheet

I tried these suggestions but it isn't working. I think it's because I'm not
explaining it clearly enough.... let's say that my worksheet only uses
columns A-G and rows 1 - 20. How can I save the document so that when I send
it to my co-workers in an email and when they open the attachment, they only
see one page that only includes columns A-G and rows 1-20 (and not all the
extra rows and columns to the right of my document and below my document).

The hide feature didn't work because when I selected columns H-K (using the
example above), then those columns are hidden but column L shows up along
with all the other columns after the letter L.

I just want a clean Excel document that doesn't include the unused columns
or rows.

Any other suggestions on how to do this? I appreciate the help!!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You can simply manually select and hide the rows and columns you don't need.

Then save the workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:01:04 -0700, ExcelUser
wrote:

Wow, I think this is a little over my head but I appreciate your fast
response, Ron! I don't think I'm quite as advanced as you (I wish I was
though!)

Is this the only way to do it? (I was just hoping that there might be a few
extra steps of formatting before I send the document??)

Anyone else ever done this before?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi ExcelUser

Start here

http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/mail2.htm
Before the Save code you can add code to hide the rows and columns

If you need help with this post back with more information

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"ExcelUser" wrote in message ...
I have created an Excel document that I want my coworkers to use as a
template that they will need to fill in every week. I want to email this
document (Excel 2003) which only consists of one worksheet to my co-workers
but I would like for it to look clean and neat when they open it, without all
the extra rows and columns showing up on the screen. I only want the rows
and columns that are part of this document to show up when they open the
file. In other words, I want it to look neat and clean, just like it looks
when I see it in "print preview" mode.

I thought about saving / sending it as a pdf document but then they wouldn't
be able to use it as an Excel template for the project that we are working
on. (They don't have pdf to Excel converters.) They will only be able to
use Excel 2003 to open the document.

How do format it before I send it and/or what do I "save as" before I send
it so that it looks neat and clean as I've described above?