Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Formula Help Please

Which formula did you end up using?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Keith - NRCS" wrote in message
Sorry, typo. It enters a "0" if it is a soil type that starts with OR has
letter in it.

"Keith - NRCS" wrote:

OK...I ran into another snag with it. It works great for the soil types
that
start with a number but it enters a "0" in the cell if it is a soil type
that
starts with a number. Any ideas?

"T. Valko" wrote:

Will it be easier...

Yes! See my reply in the other branch of this thread.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Keith - NRCS" wrote in message
Maybe I am over thinking this. Will it be easier to do if I organize
my
data
like so:

35 119
86 154
109 168
112 141
113 168
114 141
118 181
239 181
247 119
255 129
269 129
313 154
336 168
362 119
386 141
392 129

...etc. Soil type on the left and dollar amount on the right.

"Keith - NRCS" wrote:

I hope there is an easy answer to my formula problem so I will try
explain
the best that I can. I am trying to relate ranges of soil types to
their
corresponding dollar amounts.

Here is the formula I have working so far:
=IF(OR(C11=Q34,C11=Q35,C11=Q36,C11=Q37,C11=Q38,C11 =Q39,C11=Q40,C11=Q41,C11=Q42,C11=Q43,C11=Q44,C11=Q 45,C11=Q46,C11=Q47,C11=Q48,C11=Q49,C11=Q50,C11=Q51 ,C11=Q52,C11=Q53,C11=Q54,C11=Q55,C11=Q56),R5,0)

Basically this formula takes into account what is entered into cell
C11
(soil type) and it relates a corresponding dollar amount to it. The
problem I
am having is that I have 4 more ranges of cells and each range of
those
cells
has a different corresponding dollar amount.

I am on the right track because the formula above works as long as I
enter a
soil type from the first range of soil types. Basically I need to
add on
the formula above.

Also if there is a way to shorten the formula and have it recognize
range
of cells...I know you can do that but I was getting an error when I
tried
highlight the entire range so I had to click each cell individually
get it
to work. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.