Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Opening files in separate windows

ViewNew Window.

ViewArrange All

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 07:26:01 -0700, THR
wrote:

I'm using Excel 2007, and would like to be able to open files in separate
windows. I've read some of the other responses, but haven't figured it out.
I have the "show all windows in taskbar" option checked, and all of them do
show up in the taskbar. But if I have a file open, and open a second (or
third) file, it automatically opens in the same window as the other file.
I'm familiar with splitting panes, etc., but I'm wondering (hoping!) that
there's a way that I can have separate files open in separate windows that I
can click on and move around my monitor separately from each other. Is that
possible?
Thanks.