Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scott Adams Scott Adams is offline

Default Excel Column Summation

I know this is likely an insanely simple situation, but it is early Tuesday
and I am stumped.

I have a simple spreadsheet breaking hours down by percentage to spread my
labor costs across multiple projects. All number cells are formatted the
same: Numeric with 1 decimal place. However, when I enter my total hours and
the math occurs, the resulting breakdown does not add back up to my total
hours. It is almost always off by 0.1

TOT 11.0
4% 0.4
15% 1.7
2% 0.2
31% 3.4
7% 0.8
17% 1.9
14% 1.5
5% 0.6
5% 0.6

Is there some contraint that I can place on any cell to force this to add up
correctly? I know it must be a decimal situation somewhere, but I am stumped.

THANK YOU!
Scott