Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Automatic date entry

I fyou enter the number of the month in A1 (1 TO 12) and the year in b1 = 2009.

the date is the following
=DATE(B1,A1,1)

the last day of the month is

=EOMONTH(DATE(B1,A1,1),0)

The 1st Saturday of the month is

=DATE(B1,A1,1)+(7-WEEKDAY(DATE(B1,A1,1),1))

I'm not sure from your request if the opening and closing days are suppose
to be Sunday and Saturday and if the first saturday of the month of march can
be a date in February. Need to see your exact calendar to get the formulas
correct.

"George B" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where you enter the month. The spreadsheet is organised
into weeks . The weeks run from Sunday to Saturday. I would like to be able
to enter the Month and then have excel enter :-
1.) the no of days in the month in a cell
2.)the opening date of the month in week 1 worksheet
3.) the closing date of the first week of the month (ie the first sat) in
week 1 worksheet
4.) the closing date of the end of the month in week 5 worksheet
Grateful for any help - thanks

--
Every decision you make - is a decision about who you are