Gilles Desjardins

Jenn, I think your best bet would be to use Visio, in which you can
determine your layers and vary the colour transparency to illustrate your
schedule.

Gilles
"jenn" wrote in message
Hello, I would like to put together a shared workbook to use as a room
schedule. I want to have a grid with times on the left and room numbers at
the top. I would put in the rooms that are automatically block for the
person
and when they have scheduled a patient (by placing the patient's initials)
want the block to change color. I could do a conditional format to change
from blank to orange when the cell is no longer blank... but could I
'layer'
it so that one layer could have the standard schedule and the 2nd layer
could
be what people have scheduled? Maybe there is a template out there?