Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Suthey1 Suthey1 is offline

Default Vlookup with changing columns

I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. On the first worksheet, I have a
cell that is doing a vlookup on a second worksheet. The second worksheet is
a work in progress, and I keep adding columns to it. When I add a column,
the column index number on the vlookup don't change automatically.

I have tried naming the column on the second worksheet, but evidently you
can't use a name for the column index number, but you can use names in the
table array, which doesn't help me here.

So, is there a way to get my column number (col_index_num) to update
automatically when I add columns on my second worksheet?