Rebecca

Thanks Domenic and Bill for your kind help.

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

I can only guess at the structure of your spread sheet.

First, I would suggest you add a field (column) "Unique reference number"
(URN) and fill it with a unique number for each record. This will ensure
that, whatever happens, you may be able to re-sort the spreadsheet back into
its original order.

Secondly sort (each field) which will bring all the blank cells together so
that you may add "@" en bloc.

Sort the spreadsheet back to its original order and delete the field URN.

Depending on the structure and size of you spreadsheet this may be a bit
laborious but it should make it easier not to miss a cell or two if you were
to look and change individual cells.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Rebecca" wrote in message
Hi. I am using MS Excel 2003, and I am very new to the program, so if you
can help me, please explain everything in very easy English.

I need to fill many blank (empty) cells that are located in various places
(there are five columns) throughout a worksheet. I want to fill the
blanks
with an "@" (or some other unique character) so I can later search and
replace to remove them easily (after some sorting). How can this be done?
And please explain it so a newcomer can understand. Thanks.