Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CMD CMD is offline

Default Pivot Table

Hello. If I am using a pivot table to look at different cuts of data, can i
easily use a result from the pivot table in a formula on another sheet?

For example, lets say i have weight entered for a bunch of people. Lets say
i just want to look at males, so I click the drop down for gender and select
males and now i have the average weight for males. i have a formula on
another sheet that uses weight as part of the formula. is there a way i can
get that number to be automaticallt referenced when doing the calculation?
thanks in advance.

Chris