dalstar

Thanks for the response. Is there anything else that needs to be done
(refresh or something)? I have tried your suggestion several times and I am
still able to go into the cell I wanted protected and overwrite the formula.

jm

"JulieD" wrote in message
Hi

basically, you need to "unlock" the bits you want people to get to (format

/
cell / protection and untick the locked check box) and then protect the
sheet (tools / protection / protect sheet).

--
Cheers
JulieD
"dalstar" wrote in message
how do I protect a single row or group of rows (or columns) without
protecting the entire sheet. I have tried everything that I can think

of
but nothing works. I have a spreadsheet that tracks labor hours. I

have
several rows and columns I need protected, leaving areas for data entry.