Mark Stephens

Hi Andy,

Sorry for the belated reply, that's a great idea, but if I go with covering
the bars will I still be able to detect wherre I am in relatyion to them (or
I could program the coordinates in depending upon the number of bars in the
chart I guess). Thanks for the idea.

Mark

"Andy Pope" wrote in message
Hi Mark,

Can you not adapt the chart event codes you already have from your

If you go with the invisible covering shape why not simply cover the whole
chart and then work out what is under the mouse rather than having
multiple covers.

Cheers
Andy

Mark Stephens wrote:
Is there a way to make the bars on a bar chart clickable. I can get the
functionality by coverin g them with an invisible shape but the problem
is that the size of the graph changes with changed data and so the covers
don't fit over the bars when it rescales. Another alternative I have
thought could work is to somehow measure the distance between vertical
gridlines and then draw a shape to the psecified dimension and align it
to the x axis - pretty complicated don't know if that could be done.

Any ideas much appreciated, kind regards, Mark

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info