Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jose123 jose123 is offline

Default calculate overtime at 2 different rates

This shop is run 24 hrs/day; no shifts, no normal hours, logistics industry.
Pay rate is based on day of time worked. If you work any hours between 6a -
6p you are paid at rate 1. If you work any hours between 6p - 6a you are
paid at rate 2. Any hours worked after 8 hours is considered overtime. The
overtime will be paid based rate 1 or rate 2. Employee start/end times are
at different times of the day.
--
Jose

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Jose,

I am not sure I understand your example.

What is Start and End timr for normal hours?

Regards,
Per

On 11 Jul., 05:06, jose123 wrote:
I need to calculate overtime but due to the start/end times overtime may be
posted at 2 different rates. How do I calculate overtime for the following:

Start 21:00 2 hours of overtime
End 7:00 1 hour of overtime for Rate 1 (hours 6:00 - 18:00)
Hours 10.00 1 hour of overtime for Rate 2 (hours 18:00 - 6:00)

I track the hours worked at both rates so I know 1 hour was worked during
Rate 1 and 9 hours worked during Rate 2.

These same rules would apply if a person worked:
Start 8:00 3 hours of overtime
End 19:00 2 hours of overtime for Rate 1 (hours 6:00 - 18:00)
Hours 11.00 1 hour of overtime for Rate 2 (hours 18:00 - 6:00)

Ten hours were worked during Rate 1 and 1 hour worked during Rate 2.
--
Jose