Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Excel Formatting Problem

I would have him check his Regional Settings in Control Panel.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:27:19 -0700, Pat
wrote:

I am not new to Office 2007 but have encountered an error I can't figure out.
My brother, who IS new to Excel, installed Office 2007 within the past six
months. He sent me a worksheet that he had been working on that showed extra
commas in each of the cells, e.g., $4,00,550. When I open his file on my
computer, it doesn't show the extra comma. I had him try various formats in
which commas are included, but it always comes up with the extra one.

I even sent him a very simple file with numbers such as $400,550.00. My file
is accurate, but when he opens it at his end, he gets, $4,00,550.00.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.