Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pam Pam is offline

Default Formula to calculate differently based on original value

I have tried to use an "IF" formula to do this but to no avail... What I
want to do is have a column of data that will be decimal values such as 0.6,
0.8, 1.8, 2.5, and so forth. Then, I want the formula in the next column to
decide that if the value is less than 1.8, it should add 0.4 to it [0.6
becomes 1.0, 0.7 become 1.1, etc.] but if it is NOT less than 1.8, it should
add 0.5 [1.8 becomes 2.3, 1.9 becomes 2.4, etc.]. If I can have two levels,
that will suffice. However, it would be great if I could have a third level
so that anything greater than or equal to 1.8 has 0.5 added to it, but
anything 2.4 or greater has 0.6 added. Again, that third level is not
absolutely necessary for my current purposes, but if it is possible, I'd like
to be able to do that as well for future situations. (This may sound like an
odd request, but it has to do with crediting people with time in workshops,
and the more they attend, the more "bonus" time they accrue.) Thanks!! I
use Excel 2003 at work and Excel 2007 at home.