Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Average function

Ok, try this version. Still array entered:

=IF(COUNTIF(AP13:BA13,"0"),AVERAGE(IF(AP13:BA130 ,AP13:BA13)),"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Shannakinz" wrote in message
Ok, i forgot the "ctrl, shift, AND enter" part, that's why i got that
error
message. But this will still show me "#DIV/0!" if all the monthly columns
are
blank (i am making a template for other locations to fill in the
information)
and that will confuse everyone if i send it out like that.

"T. Valko" wrote:

What version of Excel are you using?

This array formual** will work in all versions:

=AVERAGE(IF(AP13:BA130,AP13:BA13))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the
SHIFT
key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Shannakinz" wrote in message
I have columns set up for each month where we enter the total number of
hours. After these columns, i have a column for "total for the year
(hours)"
and for "average of the year (hours)". Right now, i've just put in a
basic
average function to calculate using the columns for the months.
Example:
=AVERAGE(AP13:BA13).

My problem is that some months do not have values, and i would like to
exclude them from the average calculations. Is there a way to tell
excel
that
it should only calculate the average of the months that have a value 0
?

Thanks.