Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GrayJayBee GrayJayBee is offline

Default Problem (bug?) in the way Excel 2007 doesn't automatically loa

Thanks, but no - security to run Macros is fully enabled. It runs fine if the
workbook containing the macros is pre-opened (but that defeats the whole
purpose of short-cutting it by creating the Quick Access toolbar icon).

"dgarza" wrote:

You can check your Macro security.

Office button Excel options Trust Center Trust Center
Settings...(button) Macro Settings

Ensure macros are not disabled. We have ours set to "Disable all macros
with notification"

David

"GrayJayBee" wrote:

In Excel versions prior to 2007 you can create a toolbar icon and assign a
macro to it. When then clicked on it will automatically load in the workbook
containing the macro if it isn't already loaded.

In Excel 2007 the equivalent way is to create an icon in the Quick Access
Toolbar assigning the macro to it. BUT if this icon is clicked on it will
not automatically load the workbook containing the macro if it isn't already
loaded. Instead it gives an error message "Cannot run the macro 'macroname'.
The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be
disabled."
THIS IS A NASTY PROBLEM.
I have a read-only workbook containing a toolset of macros that is shared
across a user base which is migrating from Office 2003 to 2007. The workbook
is in 2003 format (well, 2000 actually). Users just click on their toolbar
icon whenever they want to activate the macros, which I can centrally
maintain remotely.
How do I get this to work in Excel 2007? Is this an Excel 2007 bug?