Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
smartin smartin is offline

Default How do I get my macros from an XLA file to show in Tools Macro

MikeS wrote:
I've created an XLA file that I plan on sharing with co-workers (it
will be on the network)

I have put some Sub macro code in the XLA and saved them.

But those macros don't show up when I go to Tools Macro

What is the "best practice" when it comes to this?

I've read about creating a toolbar in the XLA. Is this what I need to
do?

Not sure about best practice, but to run a sub in an add-in you have to
type

'NameOfAddIn'!NameOfSub

in the run macro dialog. (The quotes are not necessary if NameOfAddIn
does not contain spaces.)

Unfortunately Excel isn't very helpful here and will not reveal
choices--you have to know the name of the sub. This is where having
toolbar buttons is convenient, set up the macro calls once and forget it.