Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel
Mechphisto Mechphisto is offline

Default Turning value of formula into actual cell content?

Hi. I've a sheet with a few thousand rows where in column B I need to
add a prefix to every value.
What I did was in column M fill the cells with the prefix, and made
column N a copy of column B.
Then in Column B I made the function: =M2&""&N2 and copied it all the
way down (with incrementing numerals).
That works great. But, I need to be able to copy-n-paste the new
prefixed value of some of the cells in column B into another
spreadsheet. But when I try, what I'm copying is the formula, not the
resulting value.
Is there a way to copy the values generated by the formula and paste
them as the values?
Thanks,
Liam