Sue

Default Does excel recognise names rather than cells?

Can excel pick up totals on other sheets and workbooks for clients, where the
clients information is never on the same row no. on each sheet, without it
being a lengthy case of having to alter the formula to accomodate the cell
change address? In other words how do I get it to recognise the name rather
than the cell for picking up the info.?
The worksheets show money coming in during each 3rd of the year from clients
and the total. On a summary sheet I want excel to pick up those 1/3rd totals
for each client so I can then total those to give the yearly figure for each
client. The reason the cell address is not consistent on each 1/3rd period
sheet is because each client's time span with us is only ever a maximum of 2
years but usually less. So that means the current clients move up the row on
the sheet as other clients finish hence the different row numbers.