Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default Rounding Of Concatenated Costs Field

"Caldo" wrote:
The second field in my concatenate function is actual costs, the first is
line of business. One value, for example, is $29,501,341.16 which I can
round
down to $29,501,341 but the concatenated value is fully exploded with the
decimals. What I ideally would like to do is have the concatenated value
read
$29.5M. Any ideas? Excel 2007

I have no idea what you are concatenated and why, since you neglected to
post your formula.

If you are merely concatenating a number and "M" (e.g. =A1/1000000&"M"), you
can dispense with dividing by 1000000 and concatenating "M", and instead use
the following custom format "$0.0,,\M" without the quotes.

But if you still need concatenation for some other purpose (e.g. =A1&"
total"), you can apply the same idea using the TEXT function, for example:
=text(A1,"$0.0,,\M")&" total".